This is a forum for freestyle conversation about what is going on, the different presentations and webinars and recommendations for next Cyberweek. Please feel free to get started by entering your thoughts, comments or ideas into the reply box below.

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,
I wanted to take advantage of this opportunity, and this 'lounge', to welcome you all to Cyberweek and to the Werner Institute's ADRHub. We've been seeing some conversations developing wonderfully, such as the forum on ethics and the forum on workplace disputes. Others, such as our series of forums on Media Effects, are getting started now: Check 'em out.

New to Cyberweek / ODR, and want to introduce yourself? Old-timer, and want to invite people to connect with you? This forum is for you. In addition - share any thoughts you have on ongoing activities, or any recommendations you have for future Cyberweeks. We're standing by, with old-fashioned paper and pen, to write them down :-)
Noam
Hi,
Nice to meet you Noam!

I'm Skip from the USIP. (http://www.usip.org/programs/projects/the-usip-open-simulation-plat...)

Glad to be here.

Best,
Skip
Hi Skip,
Heard great things about your platform, and am waiting to hear more from one of it's converts. I'm a big simulation user myself, online and offline, and look forward to checking it out.
Noam

Skip Cole said:
Hi,
Nice to meet you Noam!

I'm Skip from the USIP. (http://www.usip.org/programs/projects/the-usip-open-simulation-plat...)

Glad to be here.

Best,
Skip
Glad to hear that Noam :-)

Next year we will definitely try to have more of a presence here at Cyberweek - at least have a webinar, and probably also a simulation for people to play together.

I have set up a demo of our 'solo simulation' that anyone can go into. Our simulations always assume that more than one person is involved, so there not really much to do in the solo simulation, accept look around and get a feel for the interface. But it shows some of the basic tools we are using now.

What we have right now is not all that fancy. My impression is that the online dispute resolution tools are much more sophisticated than our platform, but they are more specialized in purpose. A nice thing about the OSP is that it is open source, so if we can grow an interested developer community, it can gain a lot of specialization that it lacks.

Below is information on how to login and take a look around:

Site: demo.opensimplatform.org
Username: tempuslocus1@hotmail.com
Password: tl
(That password is just two letters, the letter 't' as in tango, and 'l' as in lima.)

If you or anyone else, runs into any problems or has any questions, please just drop me an email at osp@usip.org

Best,
Skip
PS. If you, or anyone else, wants to be added to our facebook page or news list, just drop me an email at osp@usip.org also.
Going to take you up on that!

Skip Cole said:
Glad to hear that Noam :-)

Next year we will definitely try to have more of a presence here at Cyberweek - at least have a webinar, and probably also a simulation for people to play together.

I have set up a demo of our 'solo simulation' that anyone can go into. Our simulations always assume that more than one person is involved, so there not really much to do in the solo simulation, accept look around and get a feel for the interface. But it shows some of the basic tools we are using now.

What we have right now is not all that fancy. My impression is that the online dispute resolution tools are much more sophisticated than our platform, but they are more specialized in purpose. A nice thing about the OSP is that it is open source, so if we can grow an interested developer community, it can gain a lot of specialization that it lacks.

Below is information on how to login and take a look around:

Site: demo.opensimplatform.org
Username: tempuslocus1@hotmail.com
Password: tl
(That password is just two letters, the letter 't' as in tango, and 'l' as in lima.)

If you or anyone else, runs into any problems or has any questions, please just drop me an email at osp@usip.org

Best,
Skip
PS. If you, or anyone else, wants to be added to our facebook page or news list, just drop me an email at osp@usip.org also.

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service