OSU is hiring an Assistant Ombuds for its new Ombuds program. This is a full-time, 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position that reports to University Ombudsman, Sue Theiss. The Assistant Ombuds is responsible for communication and marketing; coordination of programming and training; administrative support and office management; and assistant-level Ombuds services.

Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in a related field or combination of education and experience, and one to three years comparable professional experience (including knowledge of conflict resolution and mediation techniques and principles, and the role of the Ombuds, and experience working in higher education). Applications are due March 31, 2012. No salary indicated. (OSU Jobs.)

Related Ombuds Blog posts: Oregon State University Will Create an Ombuds Program; Guide to Oregon Ombuds Programs; Job Posting; University of Arkansas Ombuds Posts 2010-11 Annual Report; Oregon State University Names First Ombuds.

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm, They must have failed the search the first time around. I'm going to have to re-apply (thanks for posting) and use a different interview strategy. I just wanted to say to everyone out there that Oregon is a great place to live and being an Ombudsman at OSU would be a great opportunity for anyone. Corvallis is a great town.

Actually, this is an assistant ombuds for the office.  The search resulted in the appointment of Susan Theiss from U Arkansas.

Thanks for the information. In many ways, this is even better news for me. I'm definitely going to apply for the assistant position :) Thanks Tom!

I've got a phone interview for this position on Monday. As they described it, to me over the phone when they called to schedule, I could not help but to get extremely excited. Wish me luck ADRhub folks! And Tom, thanks again for the heads up.

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service