LIVE WEBINAR: Smartsettle - Debt Resolution with Smartsettle One - Product Demo

Smartsettle - Debt Resolution with Smartsettle One - Product Demo

Presented by Ernest Thiessen & Derek Barber

Cyberweek 2013 - Smartsettle Presentation and Live Demo from The Werner Institute on Vimeo.

Smartsettle One is our simple edition optimized for cases that can be easily reduced to a single numerical issue. In this webinar we will describe how negotiators can use Visual Blind Bidding to virtually eliminate the tedious negotiation dance that characterizes ordinary negotiations. We will explain a unique algorithm that rewards collaboration and encourages parties to settle sooner and more often. Parties that do not settle can still opt for Dampened Pendulum Arbitration in order to still come out of the process with a face-saving outcome. The webinar will demonstrate the process with a simulation and invite participants to try it out with one of our practice cases or even with their own live case.

Presenter Bios:

Derek Barber (Bachelor of Technology) has fifteen years of experience as a software engineer including four years as Smartsettle’s Senior Software Engineer. Derek as principal developer of Smartsettle One has managed its evolution from prototype to commercial ready. Prior to his position at Smartsettle, Derek spent several years as the Director of Technology for Lusora, Inc. where he oversaw the development of a web-based system for monitoring life-critical medical devices for elder home patient care. As an expert in web-based application development, he is ideally suited to ensure that Smartsettle One can be deployed commercially and be efficiently scaled to meet all future growth.

Derek has been married to his wife Esther for 9 years and they currently live in Surrey, British Columbia with their 3 children. In his spare time Derek enjoys playing the piano, reading and a myriad of outdoor activities.

Dr. Ernest Thiessen is the Founder and President of iCan Systems Inc. He has led iCan’s development team since 1993 in to create the world’s first practical comprehensive online negotiation and dispute resolution system. The Smartsettle eNegotiation system is based on research that Thiessen directed at Cornell University, where he received a PhD in Civil & Environmental Engineering with a specialty in Water Resources Systems Planning and Analysis. Thiessen's algorithm for producing fair and optimal outcomes in complex negotiations been compared to that of Nobel Laureate John Nash. Thiessen also directs the International eNegotiation Exhibition and has been a lecturer for UNESCO-IHE’s Negotiation and Mediation for Water Conflict Management course. Thiessen served as a volunteer doing irrigation engineering for Mennonite Central Committee in Nepal during the eighties on an integrated rural development project, which won the UNESCO Blue Planet Prize in 2005. Thiessen has been a regular presenter at Cyberweek since the conference began in 1998. Thiessen has been a guest speaker at most of the Annual International Forums on Online Dispute Resolution since they began in 2002 and is on the editorial board of the first international journal dedicated to ODR – The International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution.

Ernest enjoys hiking, travel, gardening and reading.  He has been married to his wife Evangeline since 1975. One of their three children is still at home (sometimes) in beautiful Abbotsford, British Columbia.

Return to Cyberweek 2013 Homepage

Views: 882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

****WEBINAR ACCESS INFORMATION****

For 11am Eastern/10am Central/4pm GMT time slots

You will access this live webinar by following this link:

https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/j.php?ED=245148512&UID=5067...

*Please log in at least 15 minutes prior if this is the first time you are accessing one of our webinars due to the configuration process that takes place*

Here are some tips to ensure you are present and can participate in the presentation:

· When prompted, enter your name and email address, and click "Join". You do not need a password.

· If you have troubles with the link in this email, please cut and paste it into a new browser.

For technical assistance:
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/systemdiagnosis.php.

I believe that it was mentioned in the webinar by Dr. Thiessen and Derek Barber that there were free demos that could be accessed for the smartsettle product.  I have had no success accessing them from the smartsettle website.  Any suggestions or did I hear that incorrectly? 

I was unable to hear anything.  My audio works for streaming, downloads, but didn't work for this.

ADRhub.com- Werner Institute said:

****WEBINAR ACCESS INFORMATION****

For 11am Eastern/10am Central/4pm GMT time slots

You will access this live webinar by following this link:

https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/j.php?ED=245148512&UID=5067...

*Please log in at least 15 minutes prior if this is the first time you are accessing one of our webinars due to the configuration process that takes place*

Here are some tips to ensure you are present and can participate in the presentation:

· When prompted, enter your name and email address, and click "Join". You do not need a password.

· If you have troubles with the link in this email, please cut and paste it into a new browser.

For technical assistance:
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://bluecafe.webex.com/bluecafe/systemdiagnosis.php.

I just found the demo but it says that it's "private."

Raymond R. Roelandt said:

I believe that it was mentioned in the webinar by Dr. Thiessen and Derek Barber that there were free demos that could be accessed for the smartsettle product.  I have had no success accessing them from the smartsettle website.  Any suggestions or did I hear that incorrectly? 

Thank you Ernest and Derek.  I believe Derek said that the presentation will be uploaded - can you tell us where again?

Hello all, the archive for this session is now available. It is embedded in the forum page above. Please feel free to continue this conversation by posting any comments or questions within this forum. Enjoy! Bryan

Thank you for this presentation!  I am wondering how parties share important points that they think the other party should know here, or is this done in another way outside of Smart Settle?  It seems that it would be helpful for party A to state some limiting factors that might make party B reconsider how far they are willing to go, and vise/versa.

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service