Narrating ODR's History, Current Issues and Bright Future - a Collaborative VoiceThread

Narrating ODR's History, Current Issues and Bright Future - a Collaborative VoiceThread Where Your Comments Help Tell the Tale

During Cyberweek, participants will be invited to view and help extend a multimedia VoiceThread created by Bill Warters chronicling the Online Dispute Resolution movement, a tale of technological innovation, entrepreneurism, not insignificant challenges and international collaboration. We will reflect on current issues and perhaps even forecast future developments. A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate pages and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Join us and add your voice to the still unfolding story!

Moderator Bio:

Bill Warters

Bill Warters, Ph.D. is a faculty member in the Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution Program offered by Wayne State University's Department of Communication. He is author of Mediation in the Campus Community: Designing and Managing Effective Programs (Jossey-Bass, 2000) and a member of the Editorial Board of Conflict Resolution Quarterly.
 Bill served as editor of the Conflict Management in Higher Education Report for 5-years. He developed and maintains two major web clearinghouses, campus-adr.org (for Higher Ed ADR) and creducation.org (for K-12 Conflict Resolution Education). He is a former chair of the ACR Education Section and a past President of ACR's Michigan SE Chapter.  He is a member of the international Conflict Resolution Day planning committee that organizes the yearly October event promoting CR. Bill received the William J. Kreidler Award from the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) in 2008 for distinguished service in the Education
sector. 

Views: 699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The animated timeline that is presented in the VoiceThread is also available for viewing in a larger format at this link. Look for the small "fullscreen" button to get an even better view.
I hope people know you need to click on the play button in the center of the first screen or along the bottom center so that you can hear the narration and have the slides advance on their own. Otherwise you may miss some of the commentary by just clicking the left and right arrows.
Excellent job, Bill! I'm happy to see the development of multiple threads of research in this field, and presented in a visually attractive format.

Having been in this ODR project since almost the beginning, I would like to add the link to a paper presented by me at the Conference: "Building trust in the online environment: business to consumer dispute resolution," held in The Hague, Holland, December 11-12 2000.

The title of my paper was: "ODR And The Global Management Of Customers' Complaints: How Can ODR Techniques Be Responsive To Different Social And Cultural Environments?"

Here is the link to the paper: http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/1/36/1879749.pdf

Many thanks!
Thanks Nora, for the link. Culture and ODR is an area of interest to me, and I know an area of expertise for you. Looks like I left out the meeting at the Hague on my timeline! I'll have to start collecting the pieces that are missing and do an update later.

Nora Femenia said:
Excellent job, Bill! I'm happy to see the development of multiple threads of research in this field, and presented in a visually attractive format.

Having been in this ODR project since almost the beginning, I would like to add the link to a paper presented by me at the Conference: "Building trust in the online environment: business to consumer dispute resolution," held in The Hague, Holland, December 11-12 2000.

The title of my paper was: "ODR And The Global Management Of Customers' Complaints: How Can ODR Techniques Be Responsive To Different Social And Cultural Environments?"

Here is the link to the paper: http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/1/36/1879749.pdf

Many thanks!
Another way to peek into ODR's History is to do a Google News search on ODR and review the timeline.

Bill your whole history presentation is excellent. Thank you for creating such a masterpiece.
Thanks Robert...I like the sound of the word masterpiece. Now, if I could just convince some people to actually add their comments within the VoiceThread itself, think how much cooler it could become!
As an undergraduate student who is only just exploring ADR generally and ODR specifically, I don't feel informed enough to truly comment in a meaningful way, but I want to thank you for producing this series of clips and videos in your thread. It helped me grasp the complexity of ODR, and things like the comic and the animated timeline that you provided were useful to contextualize and highlight some of the other things I have been learning this week. From what I have gathered, ODR seems to mean different things to different people. I have noticed that some present ODR as sort of an application of telecommunications and technology to ADR, but some seem to imply that it is a second generation of ADR. This presentation sort of collated those different ideas for me and helped me realize that ODR doesn't indicate a single kind of ADR, but is a broader term. ODR uses a lot of different kinds of technologies, mediums etc to help resolve disputes in new communities not bound by geography. Just as you have in this Voicethread. Thank you very much for taking the time to create this thread. --Catherine

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service