Call for Proposals: New England Association For Conflict Resolution (NE-ACR) Biennial Conference
The New England chapter is one of the national Association for Conflict Resolution’s largest and oldest chapters. Our members, who include mediators, arbitrators, collaborative professionals, lawyers, educators, academics, students, and researchers, come from all six New England states.
The New England Chapter of the Association for Conflict Resolution is seeking proposals for the 2013 Biennial Conference. The Conference is being held in Sturbridge, Massachusetts, on Friday, June 14. The theme of the 2013 conference is “Conflict Resolution and the Changing Nature of Communication: How technology, social media, and fundamental changes in the ways we communicate and perceive privacy impact our conflicts.”
The conference will include 45-minute and 90-minute time slots. Roundtable presentation proposals are also welcome. Proposals may indicate a preference for one of the formats or no preference.
Proposals must include the following information.
1. A proposed title for the program.
2. Contact information, including your name, any professional affiliation, address, email address, and phone number.
3. A short description of the substance of the program.
4. A description of the program format, amount of time your presentation will take (45 min., 90 min., or roundtable discussion), and how you plan to present material and allocate the time.
5. Short biographies of all speakers.
6. A statement about your plans to use handouts or technology, and if you are using technology, a statement of what technology resources you will need provided for you.