November 29-December 1, 2016
Tuesday – Thursday - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cost: $1000.00 – $900.00 Early bird
FMCS Oakland Training Center
7677 Oakport Street Suite # 500
Oakland, CA 94621
Immerse yourself in an intensive program designed to enhance the arbitration skills of experienced labor relations practitioners. Participants will participate in a mock arbitration of a complex case that raises both discipline and contract interpretation issues. The registrants will receive course texts and a specially compiled set of arbitration practice guides.
· Educating the arbitrator prior to hearing
· Opening the case with a winning statement
· Structuring the order of proof
· Proving negotiating history and past practice
· Making and responding to evidentiary objections
· Examining witnesses
· Offering relevant prior precedent
· Relying on external law to strengthen your position
· Seeking and opposing uncommon remedies
· Crafting effective closing arguments and post-hearing briefs
Catherine Harris, Arbitrator
Arnold Zack, Arbitrator
This class will be limited to the first 25 participants.
For online course registration please click here.