Creighton University's Department of Cultural and Social Studies seeks a candidate for the position of Director of the Justice & Peace Studies Program (JPS). JPS offers a minor in Justice & Peace Studies, a major in Justice & Society, and a 5th-year master's in Negotiation & Conflict Resolution.
The Director teaches 4 undergraduate courses per year (2 per semester). There is an expectation of an active research and publishing agenda as well as service to the Department, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the University. This position will be full-time and tenure track at the rank of assistant professor, beginning in August of 2017.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
1. Knowledge of and commitment to pedagogies for justice in Jesuit higher education.
2. A PhD in peace studies, the social sciences, theology, or related field.
3. Strong evidence of potential for success in academic program leadership and of effectiveness in and enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching, mentoring, and advising.
4. A credible trajectory in research, scholarship, and academic publication.
5. Potential for leadership in justice education initiatives on campus and beyond.
Candidates should submit a complete dossier to http://careers.creighton.edu:
• Application form (available at https://ccas.creighton.edu/…/fi…/4.7%20Link%20-%20FacApp.pdf .
• Cover letter (to address the applicant's qualifications and backgrounds in each of the five areas listed in the job description).
• Curriculum Vitae.
• Transcripts (copies are acceptable for the interview; originals will be requested before formal offer can be made).
• Teaching philosophy (to also include a sample syllabus and information about student teaching evaluations).
• Three letters of recommendation (at least two of which must speak to the candidate's teaching ability; should be sent to Dr. Alexander Roedlach, Search Chair, at email@example.com).
• Mission statement (to address the candidate's understanding of the interrelated missions of the University, College, and department and the role she or he would hope to play in accomplishing those missions. Use the following links to access our mission statements:
o Creighton University: http://www.creighton.edu/about/mission .
o Creighton College of Arts and Sciences: https://ccas.creighton.edu/about/about-our-mission .
o Department of Cultural and Social Studies: http://www.creighton.edu/ccas/culturalandsocialstudies .
The Search Committee will start reviewing applications on January 15, 2017. Creighton University encourages applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds that believe they can contribute to its distinctive educational tradition and mission. Applications from minorities and women scholars are strongly encouraged. Creighton University is an equal opportunity employer. EO/AAE