Portland State University’s Conflict Resolution Graduate Program is seeking to expand its faculty with a new hire who will bring wide ranging transnational experience. Optimal candidates will be able to effectively bridge the scholar/practitioner worlds and will have experience in the field, as well as in the classroom. We are looking for candidates who are conflict resolution scholars with a focus on peace studies: Area of specialization in peace building process at the international level and through international organizations: strong competence in human rights.
- Doctoral degree in conflict resolution or related academic field.
- Record of research and scholarly publication.
- Teaching experience is preferred at the graduate level, though we value undergraduate teaching experience as well.
- Experience in transnational organizations (NGO’s, think tanks, policy institutes, UN affiliated arenas), international development or peacebuilding activities.
- Multiple language fluencies are desirable, though not required.
- Teach six classes per academic year—two per quarter (fall, winter, spring).
- Advise graduate students and serve on thesis and professional project committees.
- Supervise graduate student practica.
- Conduct and publish scholarly research.
- Contribute to development of the program, university, and profession.
- Provide teaching and advising support for our planned undergraduate degree programs.
The following materials should be sent to: Search Committee, Graduate Program in Conflict Resolution, Portland State University, PO Box 751, Portland OR 97201-0751, 503-725-9175 (office), 503-725-9174 (fax).
- Letter of application, which includes experience working with students of diverse backgrounds and teaching/research interests and strengths.
- Current curriculum vitae, with email, address, and phone contact information.
- Sample of recent scholarly writing.
- Three letters of reference.
For more information and application procedures please visit http://www.pdx.edu/hr/faculty-administrative-openings. For inquires about this position please contact our Program Administrator Stephenie Jahnke at: jahnkes(at)pdx.edu. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled