To whom it may concern,
The mission of the NICE Program, created by Creative Response to Conflict (CRC) and We Oppose Violence Everywhere Now (WOVEN), is to reimagine public education. NICE is short for Nurturing Inclusive Community Environment. Through our program, we will add NICE Staff to initially two Rockland County schools to reduce bullying, effectively resolve conflicts and increase student performance and to create a safer and more welcoming environment. The model will be recorded by a qualified Columbia University researcher to quantify the successes of the program and to align it to be implemented into high schools across the country.
To bring this critically important endeavor to scale, we seek to hire a Program Director who can focus on delivering a blended approach to learning, as we scale the training and development of all teachers, NICE Staff and students across the program. The Program Director will oversee the management of the program. This includes operational excellence, training oversight, reporting to CRC and WOVEN management, human resources support for staff, hiring of staff, planning, school liaison efforts and issue resolution. Each of our NICE Staff and the Program Director will complement the work of the school they support and will receive at least 30 days of intensive training to complement the four-year degree they have, as required for this position, and the Program Director will work to ensure that the NICE Staff are each able to implement the concepts taught during the training.
The NICE Program is designed to include positive implementation of:
· Conflict Resolution
· Bullying Prevention and Intervention
· Bias Awareness
We look forward to receiving resumes from qualified professionals as we work to fill this critical role for our program.
Working for peaceful and successful schools,
Priscilla Prutzman & Diana Wege
Job Title: Program Director for the NICE Program
Hiring Entities: CRC & WOVEN
Salary: Competitive and depends on Experience
Job Type: Professional: 12 months per year, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week; paid vacation, sick
time plus major holidays
Location: Work from home initially, as directed by management; also at the designated high
schools and program offices.
The Program Director of the NICE Program will be responsible for…
- Supporting the design and delivery of program.
- Partnering with senior managers and subject matter experts, to review all submitted content, and to clarify learning objectives.
- Create and coordinate teacher training materials.
- Applying managerial principles to promote NICE hiring, success and retention. (Each of the 8 NICE Staff will have an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience. An assistant will also be the managerial responsibility of the Program Director.)
- Driving team processes that push the blended learning agenda, including collecting project intake forms, synthesizing responses, tracking work-streams, and writing briefs, as required by management.
- Designing and implementing an internal communications strategy which leverages social tools and technology, thereby tracking payroll, attendance, sick time, vacation time and other work centric metrics.
- Defining, monitoring and analyzing performance, monitoring success of the program, as required by research staff.
- Possibly additional responsibilities as identified by management.
The Program Director should be someone who…
- Is a learner who is committed to nonviolence and education reform.
- Has a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with expertise in conflict resolution education.
- Has a positive attitude and flexibility for a program that is evolving;
- Has experience working with children in a setting where conflict resolution and restorative practices were or are encouraged;
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, and can manage projects independently;
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation and has an analytical mindset;
- Is able to deliver on multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment and prioritize appropriately;
- Is a conceptual thinker and problem solver with ability to transform abstract ideas into tangible learning solutions;
- Builds relationships, influences, advises and appropriately challenges stakeholders on learning and development approaches;
- Is willing to be fingerprinted and undergo a background check;
- Collaborates and communicates effectively, both in writing and orally, with partners and colleagues; and
- Exhibits a high level of passion and determination coupled with a strong sense of humor;
- Strive to model the goals of the program.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume that describes your qualifications to email@example.com. We will contact you if you are selected to interview for the position.
The NICE Program, as well as CRC and WOVEN, are equal opportunity employers and actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. The NICE Program offers a competitive benefits program and a working environment that promotes professional growth and development.