Dear Colleagues, Students, and Alumni,

I write to share with you that, on June 30, 2013, I will be stepping down as Director of The Werner Institute. It has been an honor and privilege to serve as Director of The Werner Institute (as Interim between November 30, 2011 and June 30, 2012 and as Director since July 1, 2012). As many of you know, my goal was to serve as Director for a year and set a strong foundation for the next Director. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be having a new Director, there is a solid administrative foundation in Werner, and it is now time for me to focus on my research and scholarly writing. I have been awarded two research grants and have a few academic projects that have been placed on the back burner as a result of my administrative duties. In my new role as full-time faculty member in Werner, I will have more time to focus my energy in my scholarly endeavors.

I am appreciative and humbled by the extraordinary support I received from the Werner faculty and staff, Dean Marianne Culhane, Dean Gail Jensen, and Prof. Pat Borchers –in his prior role as Vice President of Academic Affairs– while I was Director of The Werner Institute. There are many other colleagues across campus who supported me (too many to mention in an email) and I am also grateful to each one of them. Through this journey, I have confirmed what I already knew, that Creighton University truly embodies the Jesuit mission and its greatest strengths are the quality of its students, faculty, and staff.

In the next months, I will be working with Prof. Pat Borchers –who has accepted to be our new Director effective July 1, 2013– to ensure a smooth transition. For those of you who do not know Pat, it was under his leadership as Dean of the Law School that The Werner Institute was established. He then moved on to be the Vice President of Academic Affairs; position he held for six years. Overall, Pat has been a part of Creighton’s academic leadership for over 13 years with an outstanding track record, both, as a scholar and as an administrator. I have no doubt that under his leadership The Werner Institute will continue to thrive.

Please join me in welcoming Prof. Pat Borchers as the new Director of The Werner Institute.  Personally, I am looking forward to continue to work with all of you in my new position as full-time faculty in The Werner Institute under Pat’s leadership.

Best,

Jackie

Jacqueline N. Font-Guzmán, M.H.A., J.D., Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Director

The Werner Institute

Creighton University School of Law

2500 California Plaza

Omaha, Nebraska 68178

http://law.creighton.edu/wernerinstitute

phone: 402.280.3883

fax: 402-280-3756

jnfont@creighton.edu

View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=623378

Views: 177

Reply to This

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service