The national organization for government Ombudsmen is accepting registrations for its 2011 meeting in Jacksonville, FL October 24-28, 2011. The conference theme is: "The Ombudsman: The Bridge to Conflict Resolution, Accountability, and Transparency."
Plenary sessions will include:
- Value-Based Decision-Making: Ensuring Reasonable Process and Outcomes in the Public Sector
- Social Media: Bridging the Communication Divide
- USOA Standards: Credible Review Process
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Self-Mastery for Stress Management
Concurrent sessions are:
- Ombudsman Advocacy Smarts: Avoiding the Pains of Systems Advocacy
- Generational Characteristics That Impact the Work of the Ombudsman
- Data Collection as Government Quality Assurance and Ombudsman Accountability
- Coping in the Hot Seat: Challenges Facing Federal Ombudsmen in High Profile Agencies
- We Can Dish It Out, But Can We Take It? What Happens When the Ombudsman Is Audited?
- One Hour to Writing Power