ADRhub Dec 2012 Webinar: Forgiveness & Empathy In Conflict Resolution After Divorce

Forgiveness and Empathy in Conflict Resolution after Divorce

Presented by Lorraine Segal

Forgiveness & Empathy In Conflict Resolution After Divorce from The Werner Institute on Vimeo.

Holding on to grudges or blame (of ourselves or them) from any past experience damages us and limits our ability to love, grow, and change the world for the better.

A particularly difficult situation is after a divorce is final, when bitterness and resentment can persist, blocking respectful communication between ex-spouses. They often don’t understand how to stop the negative patterns, even for the sake of the children.

Lorraine Segal will discuss what forgiveness is, why it matters, and how to start talking to clients about it. The presentation will include a brief guided visualization.

Presenter Bio:

Lorraine Segal was a community college professor for many years, before she found her true passion for helping people communicate better. Now, she has her own Sonoma County (Santa Rosa, CA) based conflict coaching, training, and mediation business, ConflictRemedy.com . She specializes in helping people co-parent effectively after a divorce, by transforming their communication, forgiving themselves and each other, and resolving their conflicts through skill building, insight, and practice. She also teaches in the Conflict Resolution certificate program at Sonoma State University.

Views: 672

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The archive for this webinar has been uploaded above. You may simply click play and watch the presentation. Please feel free to continue the conversation, or share any resources within this forum page. Enjoy! Bryan

First, thank you for the upload of the webinar; for some unknown reason, I was unable to connect to the live session last night.  Second, I learned enormously about forgiving self and others and the steps Lorraine has taken to provide a platform for that process, why it's important, and the beneficial outcome from engaging in the process. I was touched personally by the presentation and certainly this helps me in identifying my own feelings that lie very deep within me.  Forgiving in a sincere manner is healing to the mind, body, and spirit!  The best to you!

Thank you Lorraine. I certainly learned some things from your presentation and I appreciate your generosity in sharing. This topic - evergreen - and always will be such.

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service