Using 2.0 Technology Systems for the Prevention and/or Resolution of School Conflicts

Hi everybody!  I am a teacher concerned about the violence at school.  In the last few years, Argentine Government has implemented a program called “To connect equality” aimed to bring all students closer to technology.  Under this program, students are given a netbook so as to take them to school every day. In the light of this program, I am developing a project using technology and social networks to prevent disputes at school. So, I would like you to give me your opinions: Do you think that technology will help me in this quest? Can I make it? Have you had any experiences related to raising young adults’ awareness by using technology and social networks?

Looking forward your opinions Thanks!

Moderator Bio:

María Eugenia Egea is in a Master Degree Program in English Literature (in progress) Achieved courses: Children’s and YA literature and Modern and Contemporary Drama. She has a Post graduate degree on Alternatives for Conflict prevention at school. (in progress). Attendance Forum certificate on School Community Challenges and Tensions. Diploma in University Teacher of English as a Foreign Language. British Council certificate in English Literature.

Return to Cyberweek 2014 Homepage

Views: 542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is so inspiring what young people can contribute to the conversation!  Thanks for sharing this.

Excellent ideas! I just want to thank everybody for your contributions, this has been my first time in a cyber-week and I really enjoyed it. I hope this topic has been appealing enough so as to motivate teachers to deal with the current problems that undermine our young people’s lives using their language (networks) as a medium. As for my initial question, I think it has been answered in the most satisfactory way because in greater or lesser extend we have all agreed on the necessity of what Krista called 'digital citizenship'. Thanks again and let’s keep moving!
I leave you with a quote by a Uruguayan writer, Eduardo Galeano:
“Utopia lies at the horizon.
When I draw nearer by two steps,
it retreats two steps.
If I proceed ten steps forward, it
swiftly slips ten steps ahead.
No matter how far I go, I can never reach it.
What, then, is the purpose of utopia?
It is to cause us to advance.”
Excellent ideas! I just want to thank everybody for your contributions, this has been my first time in a cyber-week and I really enjoyed it. I hope this topic has been appealing enough so as to motivate teachers to deal with the current problems that undermine our young people’s lives using their language (networks) as a medium. As for my initial question, I think it has been answered in the most satisfactory way because in greater or lesser extend we have all agreed on the necessity of what Krista called 'digital citizenship'. Thanks again and let’s keep moving!
I leave you with a quote by a Uruguayan writer, Eduardo Galeano:
“Utopia lies at the horizon.
When I draw nearer by two steps,
it retreats two steps.
If I proceed ten steps forward, it
swiftly slips ten steps ahead.
No matter how far I go, I can never reach it.
What, then, is the purpose of utopia?
It is to cause us to advance.”

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service