IOA Conference Committee presentation proposals, speaker, and topic suggestions for it's 14th annual conference on the theme of “Ombuds: Providing Calm in a Conflicted World.” The conference is set for April 1-3, 2019 at the Sheraton Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Topic and speaker suggestions and program proposals should help members promote and protect the profession; enhance knowledge relevant to the profession; and/or develop skills and techniques geared towards improving an ombudsman’s ability to assist their visitors and organizations.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- all aspects of conflict management
- enhancing professionalism of ombudsman work
- the value of CO-OP® certification
- cultural and global competencies
- sector specific constituent issues
- listening and interviewing
- coaching and conducting training programs
- maximizing an ombudsman’s impact on organizations
- integrated Conflict-Management Systems Design
- new and/or alternative means of providing ombuds services
- working with other offices/support services within an organization, including legal counsel, human relations, compliance, and risk management officials
- updates on legal and regulatory frameworks that impact ombuds
- Pre-conference specialty workshops (4 or 8 hours, presented on Sunday 31 March)
- Plenary sessions (60 minutes) – Presentation to all conference attendees
- Keynote speeches (60 minutes) – Addresses important issues, principles, and policies relevant to organizational ombudsmen
- Concurrent sessions (90 minutes) – Attendees self-select which sessions to attend
- A new model for instruction, dialogue, collaboration, or professional development outside the regular blocks described above
Proposals are due by Friday, October 12, 2018. (IOA Conf Proposals.)
Related Ombuds Blog post: IOA 2018 Conference Nutshell.
© 2023 Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR. Powered by
You need to be a member of ADRhub - Creighton NCR to add comments!
Join ADRhub - Creighton NCR