Each Year ACR celebrates Conflict Resolution Day the third Thursday of October.

Our logo of the tree was designed as a symbol to celebrate growth in Conflict Resolution. The first year, start small, but just like the tree the seeds you plant one year, will continue to grow and blossom each year.

Conflict Resolution Day was conceived in 2005 by ACR to:

• Promote awareness of mediation, arbitration, conciliation and other creative, peaceful means of resolving conflict; 
  • Promote the use of conflict resolution in schools, families, businesses, communities, governments and the legal system; 
  • Recognize the significant contributions of (peaceful) conflict resolvers; and 
  • Obtain national synergy by having celebrations happen across the country and around the world on the same day.

We offer the ability to download a Conflict Resolution Day poster which is available in seven languages (Arabic, English, French, Mandarin, Hebrew, Japanese, and Spanish). We are interested in offering the posters in additional languages, so if you can assist us in translating, please let us know. We also include tips on setting up a program, a sample letter that can be used to request a proclamation, and many proclamations from various jurisdictions.

Visit http://www.acrnet.org/crday/ for activity suggestions, resources and ideas on how to celebrate, and items for purchase such as posters and buttons.

To learn more about the 4th Annual CR Day Poetry Contest, visit http://www.creducation.org/cre/crday/poetrycontest/

Views: 200

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,  -my name is Josephine Reyes and I work in the ADR as an accredited Mediator.

I am interested in getting involvd with the ADR day for October 18, 2012 and spread the fever here with my co-mediators here in Australia.

Can you please assist me and give me permission to do so.

Josephine

Josephine, You can use any of the posters and materials attached to this post. For more information and resources, contact lretting@acrnet.org 

Thanks for these great resources, we will spread the word around our campus.

Thanks Bryan, we appreciate your support!

I will represent the SouthEast Michigan(Detroit) Chapter of the ACR on October 18 during Wayne State University's recognition ceremonies of Conflict Resolution Day. The university will honor Hank Marx for his contributions to the ADR field in Detroit.

That sounds like a great event, John, thanks for sharing!

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service