Webinar:Talking Tough on Twitter- Taking The sting Out of Social Media Interactions (Feb/2014)

Talking Tough on Twitter- Taking The sting Out of Social Media Inte... from The Werner Institute on Vimeo.

This webinar will focus on how to apply the concepts of high context/low context communication, conversation management and storytelling tactics to conflicts that occur on-line in social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, Tumblr and even the video sharing site Vine.

Webinar attendees will learn how to navigate social media conflicts and confrontations by understanding the difference between high context and low context communication. They will learn the importance of engaging in difficult conversation as well as what constitutes such a conversation online. Finally, they will learn how to engage with effective storytelling tactics to defuse situations online that could morph into cyberbullying at a later date.

Presenter Bio:

Jesan Sorrells, principal conflict engagement consultant at Human Services Consulting and Training (HSCT) based in Endicott, NY is a former higher education student affairs professional. He worked at Ithaca College most recently in the Office of Residential Life and Judicial Affairs.

Jesan has extensive supervisory and management experience; focused in undergraduate student development, student development theory, crisis management, workshop facilitation, conflict engagement and training. His interests are numerous as a self-employed consultant, but particularly in the area of social media platform leveraging and relationship management for the benefit of his clients including small businesses, nonprofits, churches and higher education organization.

Views: 383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello-

Attached below is the handout for tomorrow's webinar! I look forward to seeing everybody there!

Thanks!

Jesan Sorrells

Attachments:

Greetings, the archive for this webinar is now available for viewing. It was a wonderful presentation providing a wealth of tips and information to make communication on social media platforms more constructive. Please feel free to view the archive by simply clicking play on the video box above. You may continue the conversation by providing any questions, comments, or thoughts in this forum. Enjoy! Bryan

Hello Everybody!

I have attached a one-page reference guide to some of the resources that I used in putting together this webinar presentation. If you have any other suggestions to add, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jesan Sorrells

Attachments:

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2024   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service