Using 2.0 Technology Systems for the Prevention and/or Resolution of School Conflicts

Hi everybody!  I am a teacher concerned about the violence at school.  In the last few years, Argentine Government has implemented a program called “To connect equality” aimed to bring all students closer to technology.  Under this program, students are given a netbook so as to take them to school every day. In the light of this program, I am developing a project using technology and social networks to prevent disputes at school. So, I would like you to give me your opinions: Do you think that technology will help me in this quest? Can I make it? Have you had any experiences related to raising young adults’ awareness by using technology and social networks?

Looking forward your opinions Thanks!

Moderator Bio:

María Eugenia Egea is in a Master Degree Program in English Literature (in progress) Achieved courses: Children’s and YA literature and Modern and Contemporary Drama. She has a Post graduate degree on Alternatives for Conflict prevention at school. (in progress). Attendance Forum certificate on School Community Challenges and Tensions. Diploma in University Teacher of English as a Foreign Language. British Council certificate in English Literature.

______________________________________________


Return to Cyberweek 2014 Homepage

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are in the age of cyber bullies and fights. This is certainly an important step for social media users that is currently missing. This might require not just technology but education and marketing to get young people to understand its importance. What a great endeavor which I would love to help out with! Please contact me at info@brav.org.

Thanks Brāv : 

Absolutely, I think we should provide our students with up dated information  and come up with motivating activities as well! 

We are in the age of cyber bullies and fights. This is certainly an important step for social media users that is currently missing. This might require not just technology but education and marketing to get young people to understand its importance. What a great endeavor which I would love to help out with! Please contact me at info@brav.org.

Of course! Our missions align and we should definitely work together towards managing conflicts more effectively.  How do we reach you as well?

Hi. I think that technology can help to prevent  different situations of disputes at school. For example, bullying is an important problem in many countries and we can use social networks not only for applies it to a person, but to give awareness  about this issue

I think that it would be a great idea to share specific activities & materials on this post and after the cyber week you can contact me by facebook !
I encouraged my students to create a facebook page and upload thought provoking reading material to generate debate





MARIA VICTORIA MARUN said:

Hi. I think that technology can help to prevent  different situations of disputes at school. For example, bullying is an important problem in many countries and we can use social networks not only for applies it to a person, but to give awareness  about this issue

Thanks Maria Victoria! I think you're absolutely right!





Maria Eugenia Egea said:
I think that it would be a great idea to share specific activities & materials on this post and after the cyber week you can contact me by facebook !
I encouraged my students to create a facebook page and upload thought provoking reading material to generate debate





MARIA VICTORIA MARUN said:

Hi. I think that technology can help to prevent  different situations of disputes at school. For example, bullying is an important problem in many countries and we can use social networks not only for applies it to a person, but to give awareness  about this issue

Equal  Connect is a system that allows students and teachers s of the schools of public administration in the country, having a computer to use every day

It is  designed so that  it can be taken  home by all students and teachers in middle schools management state of Argentina. One of its main objectives is to incorporate and engage families to be active in the learning process of the students involved. 


I think that just as on the desktop of  the network  by pressing a single button there are displayed some contents as books or videos, it could include a button that with just one click lead to students, families and teachers to a site that connects to a system that helps them prevent  or solve problems generated at School . So I really think is possible to use this system of Equal Connect to solve and prevent conflicts at school. Regards.

Hi Sandra,

Where can we find out more about Equal Connect? Sounds like a like minded organization.

Sandra M. Untrojb said:

Equal  Connect is a system that allows students and teachers s of the schools of public administration in the country, having a computer to use every day

It is  designed so that  it can be taken  home by all students and teachers in middle schools management state of Argentina. One of its main objectives is to incorporate and engage families to be active in the learning process of the students involved. 


I think that just as on the desktop of  the network  by pressing a single button there are displayed some contents as books or videos, it could include a button that with just one click lead to students, families and teachers to a site that connects to a system that helps them prevent  or solve problems generated at School . So I really think is possible to use this system of Equal Connect to solve and prevent conflicts at school. Regards.

One of the most exciting aspects of creating peer mediation programs in schools, in my experience, has been to hear from students themselves about ideas for structuring programs in the most meaningful and useful ways.  I wonder what ideas teens and other young people have in your schools about how to harness technology to resolve disputes?  Perhaps you have already done this and have heard great ideas from them.

Hi Brav

I am participating from Argentina

Equal Connect is a system that allows students and teachers s of the schools of public administration in the country, having a computer to use every day. It was implemented by the Government

You can find more information in 

http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/

Should you have any doubt, you can contact me. U could  explain you more  detaisl about  the system

Regards, 

Wonderful topic. My experience is that young people love technology. They enjoy the connectivity and access to information that technology offers.

A seminar for the students on digital citizenship may be a good idea, as well. If they are given the skills for digital citizenship, then maybe that will help diffuse some of the disputes.

Krista


Hi Leah, Actually my students have created a Facebook page called Iguales pero diferentes, you can take a look at it, if you like. Basically activities are aimed to prevent violent situations at school, reinforce self-esteem and debate on bullying. They have uploaded pictures, phrases, songs and stories that are used as "triggers" for further discussions. of course I have also recommended some readings as the novel by Jay Asher " Thirteen reasons why" and a short film based on "The lost thing" by Shan Tan 


Leah Wing said:

One of the most exciting aspects of creating peer mediation programs in schools, in my experience, has been to hear from students themselves about ideas for structuring programs in the most meaningful and useful ways.  I wonder what ideas teens and other young people have in your schools about how to harness technology to resolve disputes?  Perhaps you have already done this and have heard great ideas from them.

RSS

@ADRHub Tweets

ADRHub is supported and maintained by the Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Program at Creighton University

Members

© 2019   Created by ADRhub.com - Creighton NCR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service